The december 28 and 29 : Preparation - 30 to 1 january : Sesshin
What is a sesshin ?
Touch the mind, become intimate with oneself, concentrating in zazen on the unified body and mind. This teaching was transmitted by Master Taisen Deshimaru.
Neither philosophy, nor ethics, nor religion, the Zen allows us to reach the origin of every philosophy, ethics or religion. Spring of awakening, the Zen transforms our life here and now.
Sesshin means touching the mind, it is a period where we essentially concentrate on zazen, also including samu, concentration on daily chore such as cooking or dish washing. Eventually we may practice yoga, do-in etc.
From Tuesday 28 December until Saturday 01 January 2022
Yujo Nyusanji zen temple
The practice of zazen is the essence of Zen.
Sitting facing the wall on a round cushion (zafu ), the legs in the lotus or semi lotus position, the knees laid down on the ground, the back well straight, the neck stretched, the left hand on the right hand, the edge of the hands on the abdomen, in a total immobility.
The breathing is quiet and the concentration is more directed to the breathing out.
The conscious mind is still, without entertaining nor rejecting the thoughts, we let them pass through the concentration on the posture and the breathing.
This sesshin is managed by Master Jomon Julien
Nonne zen depuis 1984, Françoise " Jomon " Julien est la fondatrice et responsable du Dojo Zen de Dijon.
Aujourd'hui disciple de Maître Kosen, elle a débuté la pratique en 1979 avec Maître Deshimaru dont elle a reçu l'ordination de bodhisattva.
This sesshin will occur from Tuesday 28 December (arrivals the evening before), until Saturday 01 January 2022, in Yujo Nyusanji zen temple.
Yujo Nyusanji zen temple
Yujo Nyusanji Zen Temple was founded by Master Kosen, heir of Master Mokudo Taisen Deshimaru's Dharma. Master Kosen, his disciples, and members of Zen Deshimaru Buddhist nonprofit organization retire to the temple to practice sesshins, samu, and daily gyoji. . . and also to recharge their batteries, take a deep breath of mountain air, spot wild mouflons, learn archery, and dive in the peaceful atmosphere of forests and rivers.
The Caroux Zen Temple is located right in the heart of the Haut-Languedoc regional natural park, 1 h 40 west of Montpellier, France.
Route du Hameau de Douch 34610 Rosis - Tel. +33/(0)220.127.116.11.49
How to come
- By car. There are at least four possible routes from the valley of Orb. We suggest you go through Hérépian, d13 towards Saint-Gervais, then d13e12 towards the Horte, then continue to Rosis then to Douch, turn right 1 km before Douch (zen temple sign). Coming from Toulouse, it is faster to pass by the d180 on the Espinouse pass.
- By train, there are bus services for Lamalou for 1.5 euros which leave from Montpellier and Béziers. You can even bring a bike on them.
A pickup is organized in Lamalou, opposite the casino, on the arrival day of sessions and sesshins, by default at 20H05. When you register, just remember to indicate, in the public message field, that you wish to be picked up. Notice that if you need to, it is possible for you to log in again and modify this message. taxi from Lamalou: 06 08 77 12 96 -cost: 25 euros aprox.
- On foot, from Montpellier, do not get off at Lamalou, but in Colombières-sur-orb (bus 15H45 -17H35 from Mosson), go up by the gorges of Colombières, to the left of the river -it is beautiful and, you can swim there. Not to be done if it rains. The journey takes about 2h30, once you arrived at the "Col des Avels", continue to Rosis, then to Douch.
DisplayYujo Nyusanji zen temple into a bigger map
We offer two prices
- For people of modest means : 205 €
- For people able to pay the sesshin at its right price :255 €
For the alone Sesshin , the prices are 90 € for people of modest means, and 115 € for people able to pay the sesshin at its right price.
The american plan is included in the price.
Price for children : until 3 years old : fuse (donation) ; from 3 until 8 years old : 30% of adult price ; more than 8 years old : 50% of adult price.
We recommend to sign up at least two weeks before sesshin begins (food order...).
Please login or create an acccount to register.
If you create your account now, make sure to click on the confirmation email you're going to receive, in order to validate it, and then come back to the current Winter camp 2021 page.