Pierre Soko Leroux began with Zen in Rennes in 1986 and since then has continued uninterrupted the practice of zen. For ten years he engaged in all the sesshins and intensive camps at The Gendronnière zen temple funded by Master Taisen Deshimaru, fullfilling duties in the temple’s kitchen.
In 1991, Master Kosen , the heir in the dharma of Master Taisen Deshimaru, ordained him zen monk at the Gendronnière temple. From 1993, when Master Kosen created his own sangha, he became the historical Tenzo of the sangha (head chief in the kitchen of a zen temple). He instructed numerous disciples in the practice of zen and samu (daily work). In 1999 he cofounded the Barcelona Zen Dojo in the Gracia neighbourhood.
October 2009 he received the transmission (Shiho) from his master, Master Kosen at Yujo Nyusanji temple, in consequence becoming Master Soko, 85th successor of Shakyamuni Bouddha in the Soto Zen tradition.
The sesshin will start on Friday, 21 June at 20.30 with a light dinner.
- Saturday, 22 June : 4 x zazen starting at 7.45, finishing at +/- 19.00
- Sunday, 23 June : 2 x zazen starting at 7.45
- The sesshin will finish Sunday after the lunch +/- 15.00
- It is possible to join only parts of the sesshin.
- For people of modest means : €60
- For people able to pay the sesshin at its right price : €80
- (The price is incl. meals)
Register: info@ZenDojoAmsterdam.nl or on the inscription list in the dojo . Location: Zen Dojo Amsterdam “Gyo Kai”, Andreas Bonnstraat 12, 1091 AX Amsterdam. Tel.: +31 (0)6 444 00 270
Everybody is welcome to practice with us !!!